Sunday, January 14, 2007

I'm Back...and so is Jack!!!


Hope you all had a nice week. I'm back from what can only be described as a somewhat lackluster trip to Atlanta. I will admit...the onion rings at The Varsity are the best I've ever had and the CNN tour is a must see, but the weather was yucky, so it put a little damper on our trip.

Anywho, I'm back and trying to catch up on things. Since I'm buried beneath five piles of laundry (and Jack Bauer (24) is back tonight), my Sketch of the Week will be up tomorrow instead of today.

And since tomorrow is Martin Luther King Day, let us take a minute and remember the sacrifices of those who came before us. As I sat in Ebenezer Baptist Church on Friday evening, they had one of Dr. King's sermons playing and his words, spoken more than 40 years ago and during a very different time in our country's history, were eerily relevant. He spoke of today's young people being cynical and disillusioned and our men only having war to "look forward to." Let us all be thankful for the freedoms we have, for the freedom our Men and Women in uniform continue to protect and for those who are willing to stand above the crowds and have the courage to give those who still don't a voice...a chance.

Take care and happy scrapping.

No comments: